Bafanas loss, my loss



It is hard to explain in words what I went through when I saw Bafana Bafana being wallowed in goals. Someone might just say that they are not our people neither are they our relatives, so why bother. But truth be told their loss was my loss.

Of course, the Paraguayans were the better team. They made Bafana Bafana look like a village team used to play mpira wa makaratasi and had just been introduced to a real football. They ran rings around them and at the end of the day, they whipped them with three goals.


I can't say that I enjoyed the game and especially when they absorbed so many goals. I really hurt inside me. I really wanted Carlos Alberto Pareira to do some magic and make the team tick . But that only happened in my mind. He never did that and to add insult to injury, the goalie was sent off for a tackle that I am not sure was not a professional jump from the Paraguan.


The question is how many of the african coaches are aware that they do not have their teams and countries behind them but the whole of Africa?

When are they going to know that every time a goal goes through the net of an African team the whole continent cringes? When are they going to make us feel that it was worth for the world cup to come to Africa? .

This is a message to Bafana Bafana ,Nigeria, Cameroun, Algeria and Ghana who so far have put a smile on our faces. Like Barrack Obama says it is time to kick ass, and if you don't do it on African soil then where will you do it.
In the past we have cried that our teams have suffered as a result of bad refereing and what has been refered to as the caucasian belief that the negroid will never play good football.

African teams must turn around this beliefs and score goals. It is the only way to make the 2010 soccer world cup a time for africa.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safari ya Bamba Si Machero.......

What students did for their former Principal will leave you in tears.....

Who will save the poor of Central Province........