Everything else aside.

Okay, I have just decided to put everything else aside so that I can do two things. One, is to reconnect with  my writing which for the last four months has suffered such a beating. Never worry, it has been for such a good personal cause.  Secondly, it is to express what I have been going through with the hope that it might just uplift someone's spirit.

Well I sought to pursue an advanced course Communications in Daystar University without enough money for fees. At the beginning, the fees looked such a  mountain to climb and  I was not sure that I would be able to pay. I was given a contract to sign in which I committed myself to pay in three equal installments. I, like any other Kenyan, quickly appended my signature on the dotted line not sure if I would meet the obligations and the journey began.

It has been a ride full of mountains, potholes and valleys given that there are many people whose mouths are wide open waiting for me to fill in something. Utilities bills and other fees have been violently knocking on the door every end of the month waiting to be paid.

One thing that I could credit Daystar University for is the choice of the theme for the Semester "Walking with God". When I saw this theme I told myself that it was meant for me and trusted that I would be able to walk with Him throughout the semester. Of course there are instances when doubt lingers, uncertainty knocks and you are not sure whether this was the right thing to do.

I cannot explain how I have made it through the semester but one thing that I know is that clients popped up from all the corners and gave me assignments which I would juggle between teaching, working, learning and parenthood. I am now headed for the second semester of Year one in my postgraduate studies. I have everything to thank God for. I want to specifically thank all those who have prayed for me and specifically  Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Nyaga, Margaret Favour Blessings in Kampala Uganda, Benson Odongo Wandago and the Christian Parents Children Concern Fellowship.

I want to encourage you who could be seeing a mountain that it could be nothing more than a hillock and with faith and trust in God you are sure to climb it.

Anyway I have to stop there. Rose's Graduate writing skills is waiting for me and this evening I have to deliver a convincing paper about the challenges in communicating peace and conflict messages to a community that considers itself marginalized . God bless you as you lay your trust in Him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safari ya Bamba Si Machero.......

What students did for their former Principal will leave you in tears.....

Who will save the poor of Central Province........