Rising up in the face of adversity

Early Saturday morning as I did my health jog in a field near where I live I took a fall that nearly hurt my knee. It is at this area where there is a stone on the track which nobody has ever bothered to clear from the way. Of course it has not been my first time to stumble at this stone. I have done it before but told myself that I will not let that stone stumble my path again, promised myself to be more careful.



But anyway, Shit happens and I had only done two rounds of the track and deep down I still felt that I had the energy to do more. I actually intended to do more- say ten when I fell down in a sack like thud that left my legs lifted high up in the air and my eyes looking into the heavens wondering, wow how did it happen?

The few people who had come to the field early were dying with laughter and wondering how on earth did he fall that way. I mean he could not have seen the imminent fall and taken care. You mean that is how adult men hit the ground? And a host of other unanswered questions in their heads.

I could hear the laughter from afar but I rose and did not look at the injured knee. I did not look at the where I was coming from that I hit the ground so hard. I focused on the track and only had a chance to see how deep my knee had been scrapped after I had done the rounds I had committed to do. Of course I had not been hurt and I cannot claim to have been smart enough to avoid a knee injury.

Later in the day as I reflected about the fall, I could not imagine how often we do let falls take us down. Life is like a track full of stones that stun and stumble your ways all the time. Yet there are several people who are likely to enjoy and take cheer when you stumble.

They will be happy that life is showing you crap and the fact that you are down with your injured knee and lying prostate because of the shit that life has put on your face.

Well , you have a chance to either decide to stay down nursing the injuries thrown to you by life or stand up and dust yourself and move on. The determination lies in you and you can only harness the inner energy to take on the remaining rounds of your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safari ya Bamba Si Machero.......

What students did for their former Principal will leave you in tears.....

Who will save the poor of Central Province........